Thursday, February 23, 2012

What a Hoot!

Had an amazing day of projects lined up, unfortunately due to rain I was only able to complete one. Took myself out on a little treasure finding mission today and found a vintage owl wall decoration for $1. Just recently my friend, Christy, acquired a little obsession with them, and I knew that with a little time and paint that it would be a great piece for her bedroom. She also has the greatest reactions to gifts, usually a little screaming and laughing, which made this little fella well worth the time it took to repaint him. Granted I am not an amazing painter, but I think the owl turned out pretty cute!
Before
After

 






Update: Thought I would take a minute to let everyone know that Mr. Owl found a great place in Christy's bedroom right above her bed and the reaction was dead on to what I had expected. This is why I absolutely love giving my friends gifts, no matter the price or the size, they appreciate the little things that they know without a doubt was a gift intended for them.

Here is her comment on my facebook page:

Christy - Since I cannot comment on your blog (for reasons unknown) I will here...Thanks so much for the YOUnigue gift! OWL treasure it forever and always. :)

Hahaha she is always a jokester and that is why she, like this owl, is one of a kind.





No comments:

Post a Comment